Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Wrap Up

Inconsistency has always been plaguing me. I have left this blog for a while due to crazy work schedules, work commitments, work, work, work and work. But life is not just about work is it? 

I am very competitive and always wanted to be successful. I focus on what I want to achieve in the future - new year resolution, 5 year plan, big house and sport car in the future. But what about now? Do I really live in the NOW or do I actually live in the future. Too much time is spent planning on the future. 

Over the years, I have learned one important lesson. If you cannot enjoy every moment in the Now, you will not be able to enjoy anything in the future, no matter how successful or how rich you'll ever become. Enjoy the NOW, LIVE the moment!

In 2012, I had my shares of happy, successful, tired, stressed out and scary moment. I have always dream to work oversea and going travelling to somewhere far far away. In 2012, this dream was realized as i went to the United States for work and travelling for 3 weeks.

In terms of career, I had passed the promotion assessment in 2012. Even though the self satisfaction is there, but the financial reward is not there. This is a conflict between what you reap and what you sow and I shall have the mental preparation to deal with myself. Nevertheless, it is an achievement I am proud of and will continue to work on, charging forward.

I had the scary moment when my dad was emitted to hospital over excessive blood lost due to what we later learned as the Hemorrhoid. The 30 minutes sitting outside the examination room was the longest moment in my life so far. It was scary and I am just so thankful that he is okay and nothing serious develop. 

2013 will be a soul searching one. It will continue to change my life to better and I will enjoy more in the Now and live every moment to its fullest.

No comments:

Updates