Sunday, August 15, 2010

That’s When

I have planted 2 trees over the weekend and wondered if only I can plant away all the things I don’t want in my life. Hmm..and then what? They are just gonna grow into a big effing tree bearing the fruits of all the things you don’t want in your life, raining down at you every single time you rejected/planted them. That’s when I truly know that, life is about you having to focus on what you want, not what you don’t want. Plant the things you want. Plant money, plant girls, plant cars, whatever. You’re gonna get them. Personal experience. (But why do I, against all odds, have no chance at all with girls?)

 

Posted a question on FB about the leftover food in kfc/mcD after they close for the day. My friend told me that the workers are allowed to eat/take the leftovers. Damn, where’s my resignation letter? Anyway, trying to be associative, what about the leftover works after office hour? Oh yes, I freaking get to eat those ‘tasteless’ leftovers as well. That’s when I learned that, ‘delegation’ and ‘empowerment’ are the two best friends I have in the office. You delegate a.k.a. taichi when the work brings too much hassles to you. And you empower your subordinates when you think the work is bullshit and doesn’t deserve your energy. Remember, the key phrase nowadays is ‘maximum impact with minimum effort’. Sound pretty negative but think about it.

 

Failure can reside in many forms and sometimes they can be very subtle. Some failures can be seen, some cannot. Some can be fcuked around, some cannot. Some you can live with, and some you cannot, and will never be. They told me at some point in life, everyone will fail but that doesn’t matter because all that matters is you, being able to bounce back. (oh yea, only those who have balls can do that) I agreed with that only until recently, after meeting an annoying guy who didn’t know he’s freaking irritating. That’s when I realized that, the most important part in dealing with failures is not being able to bounce back, but to recognize and acknowledge that failure in the first place. You can never have the chance to bounce back if you live with self-deception. It’s like balls are useless without the stick. (Ya, you got it, I’m talking about hockey)

 

To wrap up my learning over the weekend proving life is the best classroom:

1. Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want.

2. Maximum impact with minimum effort.

3. Before you bounce, realize failure at once.

2 comments:

kerbaurider said...

So texty, but I see the plant girls part :P

-- oyoie -- said...

"plant girls".. hahahahha.. its been a while since ur last post tho... and yeah, its abt ur work - again..

Updates