Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The World Has Changed and We Must Change With It

The Obama Effect has dwelt deep into me. From the fourth of November to the twentieth of January it has been a long time, far too long for the changes that need to be done and the challenges that lie before us. While some argue that the Obama Effect will only last for a few months and once the first African American President takes office, those who initially supported his policy will eventually turn against him. Dosen't matter. I agree with the saying that whoever after Bush cannot be worse. How can it be? President Obama will ride on the wave of recovery and undoubtedly be one of the best presidents in the history of United States of America.

Watching the inauguration of the 44th President last night, I am particularly interested in listening to his speech. 'The world has changed and we must change with it' is what I think, the best quote from his speech. As my jobless counter is counting into the 70th days, I finally received Petronas call! Weee~~ My interview is scheduled on the third day of CNY. Nevermind the bad timing. I guess I will wear red. Like very red. Ang ang brings good luck mar...

Nevertheless I have also done a phone interview with ExxonMobil this morning. The phone interview came as a surprise and it only lasted for a couple of minutes. Again, I was troubled when I heard many Petronas scholars were not recommended. Nevermind the bad news. I guess I can nail the interview. Waaaa..very confident. =)

Later this afternoon, I shall continue my golf lesson. Warming up is so darn important when playing golf. I have stopped a few days after a minor back injury last week after driving 500 balls with my 7 iron. The enjoyment is starting to turn into a torment. Gladly though, I was able to double my distance since the first week.

I am putting down all my worries and pessimism onto the golf balls, hitting them as far as possible. The sun shall shine down on my pale face and the wind shall be my guidance and my strength. I am feeling so good.

9 comments:

Aishah AR said...

golf+petronas+exxonmobil....

so u started to practice to be a rich rich man aa?

Edwin Si said...

i am practicing to shrink my tummy..

hell yeah

lovelyeyna said...

all the best for your interview! ;D make sure the bull does not come charging at you with your "like very red" shirt... or maybe your "like very red" cheongsam... ahahaha ;p

Edwin Si said...

geez i don wear cheongsam..
cheongsams r for girls

imagine me wearing cheongsam to KLCC
guarantee get placement

lovelyeyna said...

i know cheongsam are for girls... who knows you may think a "like very red" cheongsam looks way better on you than a "like very red" shirt does ;p placement as a...? the information counter lady? i bet you're going to be good at that ;p

Edwin Si said...

haha geez ina, u r asking a man to wear lady clothes. u might just ask me to run naked at 5pm on the busy streets of Kuching

wan afiq said...

hello edwin housemate! gudluck for the petronas interview, im sure u ll nail it hard. hehe

Crystal Hew said...

cheers to golf edwin! im playing too...come come challenge :")

Edwin Si said...

thanks lula.. shall c u again

haha..dah la kah ling kalah snooker.now challenge golf pulak.. LOL

Updates