Saturday, September 20, 2008

Why some men prefer soccer than women

Just recently, my friend forwarded an email. I laughed out loudy by the time I have finished it. Immediately, I knew that this story is so true that I have decided to share it on my blog. And well, Dr. John Gray should include this in his latest edition of Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. The answer to the title: because soccer is very much less complicated than women. Read the story below to find out why.

Wife's Diary:
Sunday Night
I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a cafe to have some coffee. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment.
Conversation wasn't flowing so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk, he agreed but his mind was far away. I asked him what was wrong, he said 'NOTHING'. I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said it had nothing to do with me and he told me not to worry.
On the way home I told him that I loved him, he simply smiled and kept driving... I can't explain his behaviour; I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you too'.
When we got home I felt as if I had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there and watched TV; he seemed distant and absent.
Finally I decided to go to bed. About 10 minutes later he came to bed. I could not take it anymore, so I decided to confront him with the situation but he had fallen asleep. I started crying and cried until I too fall asleep. I don't know what to do. I'm almost certain that his thoughts are with someone else.
My life is a disaster.

Husband's Diary:
Sunday Night
Today Liverpool lost again. Kanine...
Well, that's the story about boys and girls. But how about the gays?
gays are smarter after all i guess...

Speaking of who is smarter, nah..i give you this, as the ending of my post!
*dialogs are fictitious

4 comments:

kniod said...

Hahaha.. Dr John Gray says " Dont have to care when your Martian keep quiet because they are most probably not paying attention to you,Venusian" =P
The ultimate opinion
[Martian never listen]

SHEN said...

most of the stuffs venusian talk about are either empty or boring...tats y martian never listen

weizhu said...

well shen haven meet a venusian that can attract him yet =P all hail martian ^_^W

Edwin Si said...

1 rule of thumb for the martians: when ur not interested in her topic, don't just keep quiet. instead, use a technique call 'parroting'. Parrot is a type of bird where it can repeat human's dialog. For example:

Venusian: Hey, the color of this cloth is so vivid and beautiful.
Martian: wow..so vivid and beautiful.

Venusian: I don't like her anymore. She always backstab me.
Martian: ieer, backstab u..

so basically, this technique doesn't require thinking. martian can still focus on their on thoughts on football or games and at the same time, nicely entertaining the venusian.

Updates