Monday, December 17, 2007

Zhan Zhu Fun, Farlim


Okay, it's Saturday night again. I followed Hong and a friend of his, a very friendly girl to dinner. She brought us to Farlim Penang, a place far far away from Queensbay to eat what she called, the "zhan zhu fun".

I have no idea how to translate this but the best I can come out with is Pearl Soup. I won't call it a "fun" (cantonese means noodles-like food) It looked like shark fin soup which priced around RM 4.50. There is no shark fin in it of course, there were crab meat, egg, dried shrimp, onions and other unidentified stuff to my tongue.

The soup was kinda creamy, a little more creamy than shark fin soup. The taste was superb and special, although it is a little salty for me. The place where we dined was actually located in front of a house. It was a 'restaurant' shack next to a blue color bus stop. The place was not very decent but the food was. Besides, I ate sizzling noodles and clay pot rice which tasted ridiculously wonderful as well, under this small, old shack.

However, the stall will be closed during rainy days. Thus, before you eat 'zhan zhu fun', think of the rain first. I will add the phone number later. You can make a call to find out whether the stall is open. In Farlim, you can turn right after Pizza Hut and KFC, and you will see a blue bus stop. The shack is located just next to it.

2 comments:

weizhu said...

this dish is more femes in perai i tink .. neway i wan go eat ... lapa

welovepenang said...

emm... haven't heart b4.. but is time for our team to go out and hunt for new info for my blog... thanks....

waiting for your phone number o call the stall...

thanks for sharing....

Updates